Number Of Blog And Wisdom Seekers Of Great Taste Who Stopped By

Thursday, June 5, 2014

But For The Grace Of God....



...we all get to live.

Kinda struck home today!

Allow yours truly to preface the following....

My mind...my core...had been telling me that I am not where I should be, geographically. The neighborhood is...questionable. My apartment is....not what I am used to. But I pushed those thoughts away. Understand, I am VERY grateful I have a "home". But it's....not what I have had in years past. And it's a quandary....

I won't do anything to make this place truly "home".  I don't want to be married to it. I won't buy furniture for it, nor make it cozy. I want it uncomfortable. And then......

Who I am to feel I am better than the denizens of my realm? What would put me above others?

Nothing! We are all God's children...all His creation.

Thus..I push my musings away.

Until the last coupula of  days.....

Spent some time with a wonderful girl who has had her share of GREAT misfortune. I would elaborate, but her story is not mine to tell. I can say she is brilliant, accomplished, and has a strength that is profound. Speaks 4 languages fluently.

I was really impressed.

Anyhow...as she and I got to talking...which we did at length....she said to me...

"Why are you here?"

Then went on to say I was "better" than this...but not in the way you imagine.

She was raised in The Congo and is coming from a cultural point of view. She was not denigrating those around me, but wondering why I was ...stuck...where I am.

Made me think.....

When I have the full answer, I'll get back to you. This is something I seriously have to ponder and probe.

I am made for better things...to be a better person....

Why then, do I hold myself back.

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment